How to Workout & Eat According to Your MENSTRUAL CYCLE & Lose Weight | Joanna Soh
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week! https://www.youtube.com/user/joannasohofficial
Ladies, WE ARE NOT MEN! Our body does not function like a MAN, we go through our monthly menstrual cycle, hence our hormones go up and down almost every week. Don’t expect to TRAIN LIKE A MAN! Don’t feel bad when you can’t push as hard on certain days but that also doesn’t mean you should just sit back and do nothing.
WATCH this video through to understand the Menstrual Cycle and how we women CAN adjust our exercise routine and also food intake to match our body’s internal rhythms and even help with weight loss.
Joanna Soh is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM) and Nutrition Coach (VN), with over 8 years experience.
Link to 28-Day Workout Plan According to Menstrual Cycle: http://joannasoh.com/fitness/fitness-plans/workout-plan-to-train-according-to-your-menstrual-cycle
Period & Exercising: Everything You Need to Know
Healthy Ways to Overcome Period Cravings
Stay Connected & Follow us!
Tweets by Joanna_Soh
In general, the menstrual cycle occurs in two phases. On average, it’s a 28-day cycle.
1) FOLLICULAR Phase – Day 1 to Day 14
– Go hard! Do high intensity workouts, lift heavy and perform total body strength training.
– Your body is more tolerant to pain and muscles recover quicker.
– Your body uses Carbs as its main source of fuel.
– You can increase your carb intake slightly especially after an intense workout.
2) LUTEAL Phase – Day 14 to Day 28
– I like to call this phase the “roller coaster” phase.
– this is when all the PMS symptoms start to hit: you might crave for sugar or high fat food, you have bigger appetite, you feel sluggish, you have trouble sleeping, your body retains more water, you feel bloated and you might suffer from mild cramps too.
– Your body turns to FAT AS FUEL instead of carbs.
– Good news, your body is now burning FAT rather than carbs or glycogen. Focus on steady pace cardio to get the most out of your workout.
– This is also when the muscle breakdown increases, hence it takes longer for you to recover from your workout. So choose moderation workout that’s less intense.
– You might lose your motivation BUT power through your workout, as much as possible, eat well and you WILL feel better.
We are all very different and it takes time to really understand your body. If you have this knowledge, you’re able to take advantage of the hormonal benefits and overcome the challenges by adjusting and changing your workout routine and also food intake.
Again, remember this is a guideline as there is very limited research in regards to training with your menstrual cycle. Give it a try, make changes and see what works for you.
Daily Beetle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Video for Best Way To Lose Weight During Period
Best Way To Lose Weight During Period youtube video content